Guidelines For Flexo Printing
Preferred Computer Programs:
- Illustrator – Preferred Program for flexo printing. Save as Illustrator File. Do not use transparencies. Do not embed placed images.
- Freehand – Save as freehand file or eps.
- CorelDraw – save as illustrator file. Send original CorelDraw file and convert Illustrator file.
- Photoshop – (with layers) Do not typeset in Photoshop. Save as CMYK 300dpi. eps or tiff.
- Note: Supply akk needed files ( fonts, EPS’s. Tiff’s etc)
.sit – Stuffut, zip – PC
Include all fonts used, if fonts can not be provided convert type to outlines.
- Serif Fonts: Positive type must be a minimum of 7 pts. Reverse type must be a minimum of 8 pts bold if possible.
- Sans Serif Fonts: Positive type must be a minimum of 4 pts. Reverse type must be a minimum of 6 pts, bold if possible.
- Decorative Fonts: The thinnest stroke for positive type must be a minimum of 1/2 point (0.0007″). Reverse type must be a minimum of 1 pt (0.0014″).
Scans & Placed Art:
Included all linked files, i.e. eps files and their originals, TIFF’s JPEGS’s and Photoshop documents. Scanned images must be at least 300 dpi and at 100% in placed layout. Do Not Use RGB colors. Rotate and crop all images in Photoshop. Do not embed or rasterize a placed image in the layout file. If complex images are created in Photoshop using layers, please include the original layered file before flattening.
Propelry defined process (CMYK) or spot (Pms -pantone solid Coated). If white is an actual color, use a designated spot color to represent white. Do Not set anything to overprint. Screen Percentages of colors are 5% – 90%. These percentages are used to avoid loss of image information and quality.
Positive lines must be a minimum of 1/2 pt (0.007″) thick and reverse lines must be a minimum of 1 pt (0.0014″) thick.
Do Not set trap. The art department will create trap for all artwork.
All art work must be a minimum of 1/16 inch (0.0625″) from the edge of the die.
Minimum of 1/8″ (0.125″) bleed on each side.
Bar-codes & QR codes:
Bar-codes and QR codes can be generated.
NOTE: Always used black bar-codes on all scannable background colors. It is safer to use light shades for background colors.
UNSCANNABLE BARCODE COLORS UNSCANNABLE BACKGROUND COLORS
Warm Red, Yellow, Orange Grey, Green, Cyan, Blue
Combinations of above
SCANNABLE BARCODE COLORS SCANNABLE BACKGROUND COLORS
Grey, Green, Cyan, Blue Warm-Red, Yellow, Orange, Brown,
Combinations of above
Fore more information about barcodes or QR codes click here